I don’t write posts like this very often, however there’s a very special opportunity to travel to an exotic location and shoot under the guidance of a National Geographic photographer, and I thought you might be interested. 🙂 AND a price break is on the horizon – I’ll explain more about that in a minute.
The exotic Location is Myanmar (formerly known as Burma) in Southeast Asia, and the photographer is Michael Yamashita, who holds the esteemed record of having shot for National Geographic longer than any other photographer. This November, Michael and fellow adventure travel photographer Jock Montgomery will be leading a photo expedition to this picturesque country rich in history and devotional beauty.
There are three things that make this event noteworthy:
1) Unlike most tour groups, this event is organized to accommodate the unique (some say eccentric) needs of the photographer – places will be visited when the light is good, pre-sunrise excursions will be planned to make sure you’re in the right place at the right time. You’re free to roam around and explore.
2) Unlike most internationally famous photographers, Mike Yamashita is one of the most down-to-earth and approachable human beings you could ever hope to meet. Plus, for you Sony shooters, that’s what Mike shoots with, too! 🙂
3) This a supportive environment for doing serious cultural documentary photography. There won’t be any family members rolling their eyes and saying “Hurry up – how many pictures do you have to take of that?”.
The trip will occur from November 9th – 21st, with an optional 5-day extension from Nov 21.-25th. You can read more about at one of these two links:
For web browsers: http://www.compassroseexpeditions.com/Photo_Tours/2014-11/Myanmar_Photo_Tour/#p=1
For other platforms like mobile phones: http://www.compassroseexpeditions.com/Photo_Tours/2014-11/MYM-NOV2014.pdf
Now, about that price break…
The pricing of the trip is structured so that the more people sign up, the less it is for everyone. For example, the price for the basic package drops from $7200/person to $6800/person after 9 people sign up. AS OF THIS WRITING, EIGHT PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP so if you sign up now you’ll be very, very popular with the rest of the group (and you’ll save yourself some money as well.)
That’s it. If you’d like to learn more here are some sources for you:
• Images from a similar trip in January: http://www.compassroseexpeditions.com/slideshows/2014-11_Myanmar/
• Want to sign up? Send Jock an email at email@example.com and tell him “Mike Hendren sent me!”
And if you go … you have to promise to write a guest post (with photos) to share with the readers of Thru Mikes Viewfinder. 🙂